TechnologyPosition：HOME > Technology
Pneumatically regulated ball valve worksPneumatically regulated ball valves evolved from plug valves. It has the same 90 degree rotation, except that the plug body is a sphere with a circular through hole or passage through its axis. The ratio of the spherical surface to the passage opening should be such that when the ball is rotated 90 degrees, the spherical surface should be present at the entrance and exit, thereby cutting off the flow. This type of valve can be installed in any position in the pipeline.
The pneumatically regulated ball valve only needs to use a pneumatic actuator to drive the valve body to rotate 90 degrees, so that the flow of the medium can be cut off and opened. And only a small turning torque is required to close tightly. The fully equal valve body cavity provides a small flow path for the medium with little resistance. Ball valves are generally considered to be the most suitable for direct opening and closing, but recent developments have designed ball valves to provide throttling and control flow. The main features of the ball valve are its compact structure, easy operation and maintenance, suitable for general working media such as water, solvent, acid and natural gas, and also suitable for medium with harsh working conditions such as oxygen, hydrogen peroxide, methane and ethylene. The ball valve body may be integral or combined.
The pneumatically regulated ball valve is mainly used in the pipeline to cut off the speed, distribute and change the flow direction of the medium. Pneumatically regulated ball valve is a new type of valve widely used in recent years, which has the following advantages:
1. The fluid resistance is small, and its resistance coefficient is equal to the pipe length of the same length.
2. Simple structure, small size and light weight.
3. Tight and reliable, the sealing surface material of the ball valve is widely used in plastics and has good sealing performance. It has also been widely used in vacuum systems.
4. It is easy to operate, and it can be opened and closed quickly. It can be rotated by 90° from full opening to full closing, which is convenient for long-distance control.
5. Easy maintenance, the pneumatic adjustment ball valve has a simple structure, the sealing ring is generally active, and it is convenient to disassemble and replace.
6. When fully open or fully closed, the sealing surface of the ball and the seat is isolated from the medium, and the medium does not cause erosion of the sealing surface of the valve.
7. Wide range of applications, from small to a few millimeters, up to a few meters, from high vacuum to high pressure.
8. Because the power source of the pneumatically regulated ball valve is gas, it is generally 0.2-0.8MPa pressure, which is relatively safe. If the pneumatically regulated ball valve leaks, the gas can be directly discharged compared with the hydraulic and electric motors, and it has no pollution to the environment and has high safety.
9. Compared with manual and turbo rotating ball valves, pneumatically adjustable ball valves can be configured with large diameters. (Manual and turbo rotating ball valves are generally below DN300 caliber, and pneumatically adjustable ball valves can currently reach DN1200 caliber.)
Pneumatically regulated ball valves have been widely used in petroleum, chemical, power generation, paper, atomic, aerospace, rocket and other departments, as well as people's daily lives.
Tel：+86 577 67952209
Add：Anfeng Industrial Zone, Oubei Town, Yongjia County, Zhejiang Province P.R.China